   RE: [xml-dev] RDDL: Can we add a "copyright" version

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 20:17, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> I don't follow probably because I don't
> know what is meant by a "RDDL directory".
>
> Is the "RDDL directory" a RDDL document or
> the RDDL design?  IOW, are you asserting
> claims to *a* RDDL page or to *the* RDDL
> language design?

It's the RDDL document:

<quote ref="http://rddl.org/";>
1. Introduction
This document describes the Resource Directory Description Language
(RDDL). A RDDL document, called a Resource Directory, provides a package
of information about some target, including:

      * Human-readable descriptive material about the target.
      * A directory of individual resources related to the target, each
        directory entry containing descriptive material and linked to
        the resource in question.
</quote>

> I think you mean asserting rights for a
> RDDL page and the assets it points to.
> So, if the RDDL page is pointing to
> some set of resources, are you licensing these?
>
> I don't think that works.  Following a link
> does not obligate.  That is a tenet of the
> web architecture.
>
> Or you are licensing the page and the
> rights to use it.

Yes and I'd like to link to a licence, like most of the web pages do.

Eric
--
Weblog:
                 http://eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog?t=category&a=English