   Re: [xml-dev] SAX and XML Version

    /**
     * Returns the version of XML used for the entity.  This will
     * normally be the identifier from the current entity's
     * <em>&lt;?xml&nbsp;version='...'&nbsp;...?&gt;</em> declaration,
     * or be defaulted by the parser.
     *
     * <p>At this writing, the versions "1.0" and "1.1" are defined, but
     * other versions may appear in the future.
     *
     * @return Identifier for the XML version being used to interpret
     * the entity's text.
     */

I can accept that wording... the only possible suggestion is to replace
"parser" with "processor". Also, is it allowable for a processor to override
a vesion label? Should we clarify or is it better to leave it loose?

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter