   Re: [xml-dev] SAX Topic 2004-0002: XML 1.1 support

> - remove all unnecessary references to XML 1.0 from the docs (John
>    Cowan, 2004-02-18)
>
> - change to "XML 1.0 and XML 1.1", or just XML; patch on offer
>    (Norm Walsh, 2004-02-19)

There was one additional point that I made in this area that was really
minor and so may have been edited out purposely-- and that is that there may
be a problem with existing applications (especially existing XML Writer
classes and filters) that have an expectation of 1.0 names and simply pass
them on without checking their WFness. It is possible that they will simply
output the 1.1 name and label the document 1.0. Obviously, this is why a
feature is necessary (as was mentioned). This means that such filters need
to check for 1.1 compatibility before taking action... in the pipeline model
this is difficult.

All the best,
Jeff Rafter