   Re: [xml-dev] Posted genx alpha tarball and docs

> Suggestion: If you feel like shouting "Genx doesn't do X and I need
> X", consider the option of layering X on top of Genx.  -Tim

Well, here goes ;)
I would still like the ability to output other entities. I know it is
not part of canonical XML; but they exist in the XML spec.
Because GenX intercepts all &, it cannot be layered at this point. So
you introduce a hard limitation.
A first step would be to add a call to addEntity(entityName), except
that it does not allow entities in attributes. I understand that
allowing that is much more complicated, as it introduces the need for
reusing the text accumulation interface for attributes... This might be
a good idea anyway, if only to allow to use AddCharacter in entities.

Marc-Antoine Parent