   [off-topic] Web services best practice information?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: [off-topic] Web services best practice information?
  • From: Ian Graham <ian.graham@utoronto.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:06:16 -0500

Any ideas on what list / site might have such nuggets?

I'm looking for ideas on how to place optional (e.g. triggered by a
service request flag) debug information in WS messages (e.g. should it
go in SOAP header or footer, what's good WSDL design for this, what's a
good XML pattern for the <debug> content, etc.). We want this to be
permanently part of our WS infrastructure (so we can turn it on when
things go blork).

More generally, I can't seem to find good web service best practice
information, or even good lists on that topic. Anyone else had better
success (I hope so!)

Best / Ian
--
Ian Graham