   RE: [xml-dev] Competing Specifications - A Good or Bad Thing?

It's related to that thing about hats.

len
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Rankin [mailto:jimbokun_lists@mac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 10:57 AM
To: Bullard, Claude L (Len)
Cc: XML Developers List
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Competing Specifications - A Good or Bad Thing?

On Apr 7, 2004, at 11:29 AM, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

Today we have communication

systems that force cultures to collide, and just

as we have attained that level of integrative thought,

the forces of fundamentalist religion, the worst of

the supercharged superstitious nut cases, are

rising up. In the US, it is the right wing

ultra-fundamentalist Christians. In the East,

the Muslims. On the web, it is the open source guys

who believe that the point of all of this is

to collapse Microsoft and any organization they

touch.

Everywhere I look, the passions are rising. I'm

not sure modern science has a fighting chance against

those until they are slaked. It is as if as mammals,

there is some enzyme we all share that gets invoked

given some aggregate of signals from the environment,

and we are helpless against it. Sort of like WWI.

So, you're saying that the XML standards process will precipitate the next world war?

I'm sure this must be related to XML development one way or another...

-jimbo

Excelsior! XML Marshaller for Cocoa

http://www.homepage.mac.com/jimbokun/Excelsior.html