   Re: [xml-dev] XML-appropriate editing data structures

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> ...I'm a man
> of extremes. I either want to edit my XML by hand in a text editor (with
> maybe a little help from syntax coloring and tag completion,

And maybe a little validation and a little formatting? ;-}

> though I
> won't miss it if it isn't there;

That's fine, and it's a reasonable point of view, but I suspect you're
not a typical user. I hear from lots of people who do miss it if it
isn't there.

> and I certainly wouldn't accept poor
> performance in order to have these features.)

Nor would anyone else. And it's relatively easy to disable features if
they get in the way of good performance (if they are written properly).
My interest, though, is in finding ways to deliver the features people
ask for with good performance.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/