   Re: [xml-dev] XML-appropriate editing data structures

Tom P wrote

> And yes, speed of loading and response is important to me.

This is extremely important to me as well. A lot of the work I've done have
been with really small documents, but for very short periods of time. I just
need to open it quickly, view something or make a simple edit. The other
editors take *forever* to simply load the application, let alone load the
document. That was a high priority with xmlHack, fast opening. The 5 seconds
to load a 75mb file is both loading the application and the document. If the
doc is under 5mb it takes less than a second to open/load.

What sort of memory is being used by other apps when you're just loading the
app is beyond me. Large documents I can understand, but 10 seconds+ just to
load the app is ridiculous.

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlHack, the Simple XML Editor
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmlhack