   Re: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list availabl e

At 1:07 PM -0400 4/12/04, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

>I absolutely expect every library to accept XML 1.1 and be able to
>output XML 1.1 without "stealing any of it".  Additionally, it
>should support input and output of a more efficient encoding.

Good, though please realize this does rule out a number of the
proposals that have been made, particularly those that try to
represent numbers and similar things as binary rather than text, and
thus lose the distinction between 1, 0001, and +1.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu