   Re: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list available

DSIG and encryption are big issues with a 'binary structured XML' or
'binary infoset'.  There are several solutions of varying efficiency,
features, and difficulty.
One option is to canonicalize and use DSIG and Encryption as is, but
that is the most expensive in processing terms.
A convention will have to be created that preserves DSIG/Encryption work
and is also practical.

With the addition of delta support, handling signature and encryption of
updates or data 'owned' by different actors actually can become very
efficient and flexible.

sdw

--
swilliams@hpti.com http://www.hpti.com Personal: sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st