   Re: [xml-dev] The "what is XML" permathread revisited -- was Re:[xml-dev

You're right, character encoding is set for the whole file, i.e.
'external parsed entity', I misread XML 1.1 section 4.3.3 on a late
night rereading...
I had always thought that was the case, but thought I read differently
in the 1.1 spec.

Still, in an XIS implementation it makes sense, even if the text would
be converted uniformly when going to XML 1.1.

sdw

--
swilliams@hpti.com http://www.hpti.com Personal: sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st