   RE: [xml-dev] Xopus Explained (was: Re: [xml-dev] xml editors)

  • To: "Bob Foster" <bob@objfac.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Xopus Explained (was: Re: [xml-dev] xml editors)
  • From: "Laurens van den Oever" <laurens@q42.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:38:09 +0200
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Bob Foster wrote:
> Thanks for this. Seems a bold conception of the problem and a
> non-trivial implementation. I shall have to try Xopus.

Thanks, it has taken us almost 4 years and numerous attempts to develop
the process. And there still is a lot of work to be done.

> I assume, but you didn't say, that a CSS stylesheet applied to the
> output XML isn't a problem for Xopus, and, separately, that XHTML
output
> is ok, too?

Xopus does support CSS styled XML. Since Xopus is browser based, we're
using the IE rendering capabilities.

Xopus does support XHTML output as well. Xopus needs well-formed XML
output from the XSL pipeline. Therefore non well-formed HTML is not
supported.

Additionally, Xopus supports dynamic elements like Javascript and Flash
in the output XHTML.

Laurens van den Oever
Q42
http://q42.nl