   Re: [xml-dev] XUL Compact Syntax Study Now Online - Is XML toohard for A

At 4:25 AM -0400 4/16/04, Gerald Bauer wrote:

>    I wrote up the compact syntax study after reading
>up on the compact (non-XML) syntax for Relax NG - a
>schema language for XML. See http://www.relaxng.org
>for details.  In case of Relax NG the compact non-XML
>syntax clearly beats the XML syntax.

A lot of people feel that way. I don't though. I personally find the
XML syntax to be significantly easier to read and understand than the
RELAX NG compact syntax. Perhaps I'm just weird, or perhaps it's
because I have less experience with RELAX NG than many, that the more
verbose XML syntax appears more clear. Often syntaxes that are
appropriate for experts don't work so well for mere mortals and vice
versa.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu