   Re: [xml-dev] xml and VC++

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 02:59, Esteban Pizzini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to develop an application in Visual C++ 6.0 that parse an XML file.
> I´ve been looking in the web and I have found MSXML 4 library to use for XML
> reading/writing using DOM.
>
> are there other XML parsers for use with VC ++?? is MSXML a good choice?? or
> is there any better??

MSXML is easy to use and has many nice features. However, it isn't
perfect: there is no catalog file support, and no other means of
remapping system and public identifiers.

Also, I have had some problems with MSXML and East Asian languages.

Whether MSXML is suitable for you depends a lot on what you want to do.

You might be interested in LibXML, a very nice parser. Haven't had any
problems with it yet. (Admittedly, I haven't used it as much as I've
used MSXML.)

/Henrik