   WS-RM vs WS-R -- was Re: [Fwd: Re: [xml-dev] You call that a standard?]

On May 3, 2004, at 10:33 AM, Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> Below I referenced Chris Ferris' presentation - here's a link that
> contains a PDF of it:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200404/msg00098.html

Thanks Joe!

Can someone explain to me why these weren't just considered two inputs
to an OASIS TC that would choose between them, or refactor them both
into something better than either?  I don't understand this New World
Order where specs are supposed to be completed before they go to a
standards body and the market is supposed to choose among the competing
inputs.  That's taking (not DesignByCommittee) a bit far, it would
seem.