   Re: [xml-dev] XML compaction software of a new version

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XML compaction software of a new version
  • From: Shigeru Yoshida <yoshida.shig-04@jp.fujitsu.com>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:38:49 +0900
  • Cc: Gerd Bremer <gbremer@coremedia.com>

The problem of displaying the pdf documents in English environment
has just fixed.
The pdf documents were tested in an Acrobat Reader of Engish version.

If you downloaded the software included the pdf documents before
May 6, would you download it again ?
http://www.labs.fujitsu.com/en/freesoft/csvc4xml/download.htm

And if you find still any problem with the documents or the software
in English environment, could you let me know it freely.

Best Regards,
Shigeru Yoshida

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:50:34 +0900
>It seems a problem of language codes.
>
>The pdf file was tested on my PC with Japanese environment, but
>has not tested on PCs with English environment yet.
>
>Sorry, I will check the pdf file.
>Could you wait for a while.
>

>Gerd Bremer wrote:
>Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:14:24 +0200
>>Shigeru Yoshida wrote:
>>
>>>Dear Sirs:
>>>
>>>At the end of this March, I had a presentation of the software
>>>entitled "CSV compaction to improve data-processing performance
>>>for large XML documents" at the poster session of IEEE Data
>>>Compression Conference 2004. The materials of the presentation
>>>can be viewed from the following site.
>>>http://www.labs.fujitsu.com/en/freesoft/csvc4xml/dcc04-csvc4xml.pdf
>>>The material decribes the aim, target and application image of
>>>this method.
>>>

>>Under linux my pdf reader refuses to open the document and asked me to
>>install the japanese language package. With win xp the document opens
>>but I cannot see any characters.

Shigeru Yoshida
Fujitsu Labs.  http://www.labs.fujitsu.com/en/