   RE: [xml-dev] Designing XML to Support Information Evolution

I do not mean to get between Rick and Robert, but my humble opinion is that
any solution has to be a combination of both - hierarchy and relationship.

For example, look at the object oriented concept - you can have a hierarchy
of object definitions by embedding other objects (including them as member
variables), as well as create relationships by "implements" or "extends".

My two cents.

Seetharama