   RE: [xml-dev] Designing XML to Support Information Evolution

  • To: 'xml-dev DEV'' <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Designing XML to Support Information Evolution
  • From: "Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR" <Thomas.Mark@bls.gov>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:49:41 -0400

I'm fascinated that the Domain Name System is being equated with the
internet. While the DNS is a hierarchical mapping of names to IP addresses,
you do not need a domain name to be functional on the internet. I would not
consider the internet to be a hierarchy.

--
Mark Thomas
Internet Systems Architect