   Re: [xml-dev] Meta-Meta-Meta....

I would say that the sky is at whatever level your business needs
require, in terms of integration. The broader your integration needs
(i.e. beyond your organization's firewalls), chances are the higher the
sky needs to be to achieve that flexibility and agility that is required
to drive integration costs down (this is the very essence of
service-oriented architectures).

An example of a multi-meta standard is OMG's Meta-Object Facility
(MOF[1]), which is a modeling language that is similar to UML and
provides a common basis for meta-models (i.e. information used to
describe models). MOF is used in products such as MetaMatrix[2], which
is an EII (Enterprise Information Integration) and EMM (Enterprise
Metadata Management) provider whose products are used to integrate
multiple systems at a "multi-meta" (my own term, not MetaMatrix's) layer
of abstraction.

[1] http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/mof.htm
[2] http://www.metamatrix.com/

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World