   Re: [xml-dev] Semantic Web permathread, iteration n+1 (was Re: [xml-dev]

Bill de hÓra <bill.dehora@propylon.com> writes:

> Joshua Allen wrote:
>
> > You're missing the point.  With Google, you only get indexed the
> > metadata that they permit you to index.  Period.  It's the opposite of
> > open.

With apologies to Churchill, Google may be the worst indexer except
for all the others out there.

> There's nothing notable about Google in this respect, other than it
> being popular.

It works, unlike the SW Xanadu? That, and is not to my knowledge under
the control of any large corporate or government entity.

> I'm surprised no-one's mentioned DMOZ yet.

Does it index the tags Joshua wants? Without human intervention? Can
you pay them to have your format indexed?

Ari.

--
Elections only count as free and trials as fair if you can lose money
betting on the outcome.