   disable-output-escaping

At 4:07 PM -0700 6/8/04, Joshua Allen wrote:

>The most annoying inconsistency with XSLT in-browser is the lack of
>consistent support for disable-output-escaping.  Admittedly d-o-e is a
>hack, but it's murder trying to work without it.

This is heading off-topic so I've changed the subject line.

Personally I've rarely if ever encountered a need for d-o-e, and in
other people's stylesheets I've learned to recognize it as a code
smell that indicates poor design and misunderstanding of XML. Why do
you find its lack so problematic?
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu