   RE: [xml-dev] Semantic Web Services

Describe the discovery behavior.

a) For what reason is it initiated
b) By what mechanism is it accomplished
c) What entity evolves as a result of
   acquiring the behavior?
d) How is a message type shared and how
   after it is shared is it discarded/forgotten
   as a type (pruning the theory lattice)?

The realistic answer to c) is the client.
In an ontologically endowed SOA, the client
must be able to consume a service as a result
of using the ontology (which itself can be
delivered by a service), but it can also
produce an ontology and return it as a
theory to the emitter.   So discovery
is a feedback-enabled behavior such that
the act of using it improves it and
evolves the system.  A model/theory/ontology
submitted can then be shared and such
sharing is the semantic equivalent of
the Google PageRank.

SOAs are described as a framework of
shared messages and it is the evolution
of the message set that should be examined
because this is the standardization behavior.

Multiple SOAs that are ontologically distinct
but share overlapping message types are
information ecosystems.   Such systems are
not boundaryless.  In fact, the standardization
behavior creates boundaries and these affect
the survival and propagation of any member
of a distinct information community.

Next, we must better understand the evolution
of distinct situations which involve members
of multiple information communities and how
these affect the standardization behaviors
over these messages.

len