   Re: [xml-dev] RE: Semantic Web Services

Joshua Allen wrote:

>> What are some services that SemWeb applications could expose for
>> discovery and integration into web client applications

> So off the top of my head, I think the two most "realistic" scenarios
>  are annotation services and location-based services.
>
> I have many other fantastical scenarios in mind.  Cars could
> passively collect and share metadata about road conditions,
> aggressive drivers, and so on.  Humans could attach memories to
> inanimate objects tagged by RFID.

In the last chapter in my book (below), I discuss two
futuristic-sounding scenarios and try to relate each part of them to
technologies discussed in the rest of the book, along with assessments
of which might be fasible now or in the near future, which are harder
and would have to wait til the mid-term, and which might be too hard for
a long time to come.

I think this fits right in with this thread.

Cheers,

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)