   Re: [xml-dev] Early Draft Review: XQuery for Java (JSR 225)

Miles Sabin wrote:

> You should go back and reread Burak Emir's posts a little more carefully: he
proposed that the _API_ should have
been designed around an abstract model of queries.

Okay, Miles, let's break this down.

1. Burak Emir proposed an API re-design to use an abstract representation of
queries instead of using XQuery strings. So far we're in agreement.

2. He discussed an approach of parsing queries to produce an abstract syntax
tree, serializing that, and passing it to the XQJ driver. (disagree here?)

3. Redesigning the API affects the format of the data stream passed between the
XQJ client and the XQuery engine. (disagree here?)