   Re: [xml-dev] Edi complexity, does ebxml really reduce it?

> i haven't been able to get into ebxml yet because i don't think it has
> yet really solved the problems of edi. and this is very relevant to the
> soap/uddi people.

I must say that in practical terms, most adaptation of XML in the EDI world
has been "homegrown". Rather frustrating knowing the problems that this
introduces into EDI. However, having said that, I sigh a breath of relief
knowing that it's XML and can for the most part just write a stylesheet and
get it into a more standard XML schema. Much better than trying to write a
Mercator map...

As for the other large XML/EDI entities, I've seen OAG mostly and RosettaNet
a close second, though that may change with their UCC affiliation...

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the Text-to-XML Translator
http://www.xmllinguist.com