   What the ? is happening to ebxml, and where the ? is it going ?

I've been following ebxml for a few years now, and just reflecting the comments
of others, I too am wondering where ebxml is going ?

So far, most of the implementations that I've seen require somebody with a list
of degrees and maybe a phd to setup, install and run. That's ok if ebxml is
going to be simply an academic pursuit.

But in the real business world, things are somewhat different.

After the hype of dot coms, business is bustling away, and looking for good
tools and new things. Companies are spending on IT again.

ebxml history gives the strong impression of being just the part-time hack of
some good engineers but in the end, it never worked. There is nothing wrong
with that.

I'm wondering if there is any 5 year plan for ebxml ? and where to next ? and
what about addressing the real needs of the people, how to use it to get
customers to pay money for it etc. These things seem a long way off and yet
these are the things that are really important to most of the people that I
know.

Regards

David