   RE: [xml-dev] tool support schema for xs:extension or a way to replaceit

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] tool support schema for xs:extension or a way to replaceit
  • From: "CAUBEL, Hugues" <hugues.caubel@airbus.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:44:50 +0200

Sorry, i don't explain my problem clearly. I know that xs:extension is part of the specification, but i've read there is some problems with tool support of schema (like in this thread http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200311/msg00871.html), and i'm wondering if i'm going to facing troubles. So I would like to know if some of you have some feedbacks on the support of xs:entension in tool (as i don't have the ability to say which tool will use theses Schemas).
May be there is no problem (i hope so) - and my question is too paranoiac :)

If i take the previous sample and translate ii in the xs:extension way, it would give something like  this :

- initial structure with mix elements and attributes

<xs:complexType name="groupGeneralType">
	<xs:sequence>
		<xs:element name="elt1">
			<xs:complexType>
				<xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
					<xs:element name="elt2" type="anotherType"/>
					<xs:element name="elt3" type="xs:string"/>
				</xs:sequence>
			</xs:complexType>
		</xs:element>
	</xs:sequence>
	<xs:attribute name="att1"  type="xs:string" use="optional"/>
</xs:complexType>

- and after that, other people will extend it in this way :

<xs:complexType name="userType">
	<xs:complexContent>
		<xs:extension base="groupGeneralType">
			<xs:sequence>
				<xs:element name="eltuser1"/>
			</xs:sequence>
			<xs:attribute name="attuser1" type="xs:string" use="optional"/>
		</xs:extension>
	</xs:complexContent>