   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT: Variable href in <xsl:import>

Michael Kay wrote:
> xsl:attribute is an instruction that is executed at run-time to
> create attribute nodes in the result tree. You can't expect it to be
> executed at compile time to modify the stylesheet!
>
> The solution to parameterizing the URI resolution for xsl:import in
> Java is to write a URIResolver. In .NET, there is a similar facility
> called the XmlResolver. I'm not aware of any equivalent for MSXML3.

There is another approach that does not involve a URIResolver at all.
After changing the location of the imports, just have either a batch
file or the program itself rewrite the imports section of the stylesheet
with the current paths, as obtained from the configuration file.  You
could actually do this each time you run the program.

You could also do it with another xslt stylesheet, for that matter, but
it would probably be easier to do with a bit of code.

Cheers,

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)