   RE: [xml-dev] XSLT: Variable href in <xsl:import>

xsl:attribute is an instruction that is executed at run-time to create
attribute nodes in the result tree. You can't expect it to be executed at
compile time to modify the stylesheet!

The solution to parameterizing the URI resolution for xsl:import in Java is
to write a URIResolver. In .NET, there is a similar facility called the
XmlResolver. I'm not aware of any equivalent for MSXML3.

Michael Kay