   RE: [xml-dev] XSLT: Variable href in <xsl:import>

> There is another approach that does not involve a URIResolver at all.
> After changing the location of the imports, just have either a batch
> file or the program itself rewrite the imports section of the
> stylesheet
> with the current paths, as obtained from the configuration file.  You
> could actually do this each time you run the program.
>
> You could also do it with another xslt stylesheet, for that
> matter, but
> it would probably be easier to do with a bit of code.

Yes, this is certainly an option: but you need to be aware that recompiling
a stylesheet every time you run it is rather inefficient.

I can't see why anyone who knows XSLT would choose to do this with "a bit of
code" rather than with XSLT.

Michael Kay