   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in

> Many thanks for the link, when I first head of CAM the description
> didn't make it sound at all useful (seems to me the name only partially
> reflects the intended capabilities). This might be a standard that we
> may eventually want to support.

Well I don't know anything about patents, unless it were the glory days of
patent medicine, the things that made me think about CAM was in the context of
content assembly where the content is not in xml format, which I supposed some
patents from various offices might not be. When you used the repository term
there I immediately thought about CAM's requirements for maintaining
transactional integrity.

> Questions:
>
> 1) Just glancing at the spec it appears to have at least some overlap
> with Schematron for parts of it.  Anyone looked at a Schematron to
> CAM(/subcomponent?) conversion or the converse?

glad to hear you say this, I also felt there were some schematron similarities
in the constraints of xml documents using xpath obviously, however schematron
doesn't really have any merging/assembling capabilities of inputs (meaning
merging/assembling towards valid outputs). Personally I would really like seeing
some sort of schematron/CAM interactivity, mainly cause it would be more
interesting I think than CAM/XSD interactivity.

> 2) Any one using this for anything production like?

According to David Webber British Telecomm is using up to 100 CAM templates for
"checking field
trouble ticket reports on a daily basis" I don't know anything about field
trouble tickets but supposedly they are troublesome, as well as being about
trouble. As I understand they are using JCAM http://jcam.org.uk/ which is at an
alpha state, I haven't used it yet, however the spec does seem reasonably clear
to me and probably wouldn't be too much trouble to implement.

> 3) Any recommended software?

I'm not sure JCAM can be considered recommended, it's alpha (and I had some
troubles getting it running), David Webber is as I understand it currently
working on a project which should see JCAM finished by November.