   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specif ied i

Quoting "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <len.bullard@intergraph.com>:

> Would it be fair to say CAM is a dynamic document generator
> using boilerplate libraries?

that was my opinion though not stated so succinctly. Obviously that is a very
high level view though, everything that rises must converge after all.

> That's not perjorative.
It's jam.

(well I hope not, it's a common enough problem area. )

> So why would I want to use CAM templates over SQL
> stored queries and merge-laden scripted functions?

I have no particular brief for CAM, my answer, if I wanted to use CAM instead of
something else would be: 1. It's in XML, I have a great number of tools and
knowledge for manipulating XML, thus I can undoubtedly find ways to build on
this solution. 2. It uses XPath, I am really good in XPath. 3. It needs to work
with non-xml data...