   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specif ied in

Would it be fair to say CAM is a dynamic document generator
using boilerplate libraries?

That's not perjorative.  We've been building these since
the CALS days and before.  The difference is we didn't use
markup as the syntax for functions. (Thou Shalt Not
Program in Markup: the early ISO dictum that held SGML's
head under water while other declarative systems with
better political positions pushed hypermedia to the
side in favor of more complex solutions and vendors).

So why would I want to use CAM templates over SQL
stored queries and merge-laden scripted functions?
I'm reading the document cited in the last email,
not all of them, so I may miss something important.

len