   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specif ied in

Ah!

This is why you have ebXML CPA - collobration protocol agreements and
asynchronous exchanges.

I agree - webservices are especially prone to this kinda creative "mining" of
information, or abuse of access priveledges to resources.  We first
encountered this problem in real-time EDI.  Same sales pitch - same outcomes.

So the CPA delimits what exchanges you can initiate - and they are part of a
perscribed business process - so it is most difficult to turn this into an open
ended fishing expedition!

Now this kind of layering to the problem *does* make sense!  Which is why I
mentioned I get al kinda cranky on people who insist on 'just define the schema
for me' as the solution path.  First start with the business needs, and then
work top down to the actual information exchange - which coincidently happens
to be the *last* thing you end up creating - not the first!

Cheers, DW.