len

From: DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) [mailto:bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com]
>I'm wondering is there a possibility of having different XML Schema views (for reusability purposes).

I did a paper titled "Maintaining Schemas for Pipelined Stages" (http://www.snee.com/bob/docs/04-01-05.html) at XML 2002 that addresses this problem. It uses hypothetical small examples, but Eric van der Vlist has since told me that he has used its ideas in a production system since then.

Instead of writing the schema as an XSLT stylesheet, as Michael Kay suggests, my approach uses a master schema describing the shared and unshared parts of the schemas in question and then a generic stylesheet to pull out a schema (which one could call a "view") for a specific stage in the pipeline as needed.

And it works with both W3C Schema and RELAX NG.