   Re: [xml-dev] XHTML+MathML & IE 6

  I just have to say that it really stinks that IE 6 does not understand
  'application/xhtml+xml' as it should.  Now I can't just embed MathML
  into an XHTML
  web page. I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to mangle it into
  nasty HTML.

  GEE, I WISH MICROSOFT WOULD FIX THAT...  :)

even without help from MS, if you install mathplayer2 that mime type is
detected and IE does more or less the right thing (so long as the file
has an xhtml+mathml doctype)

> http://www.mathtype.com/en/products/mathplayer/author/creatingsites.htm

David

http://www.star.net.uk