   Re: [xml-dev] Patent Redux

Len,

I totally agree - the solution is at the WTO level.

My suggest would be that any certified accredited international software
standards body approved specifications and open source
implementations of them should be exempt from any IPR infringement
claims.  They could name the org's that qualify - ISO,
W3C, UN, OASIS, etc.  This would then incentive participation in those
processes.

The WTO have created this mess, the USPTO and its downstream symbiants
feed and live off the money it generates.  Time to cut that
umbylical cord.

DW