   RE: [xml-dev] W3C XML Schema design tools

Hi,

I'm aware of at least one more XSD editor with visual editing facilities,
TIBCO's Turbo XML. I really don't know how good it is these days--I stopped
using it when it was still called XML Authority and had some interesting
shortcomings and bugs. Anyway, see http://www.tibco.com/software/business_integration/turboxml.jsp
for more. I believe they have a trial version available.

For visualisation purposes, Near & Far is still unmatched, IMHO. Then, of
course, it only handles DTDs, makes a mess of any DTD you actually try to
edit with it, and was discontinued years ago. But the nice thing about DTDs
is that a text editor is really all you need.

Best,

/Ari

Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> wrote...

<snip>

What I find really surprising is that despite all these defects, XML Spy
seems to be the only choice for most of the people and I can't believe
that there is no alternative, ie no other schema editor th
>t provide
graphical editing features while being conform to the rec.

Other editors such as <oxygen/> and stylus seem promising (at least from
their documentations)...

What are you using (or advising) to edit your schemas?

Thanks,

Eric

>-
Have you ever thought about unit testing XSLT templates?
                                                     http://xsltunit.org
Eric van der Vlist       http://xmlfr.org
(ISO) RELAX NG   ISBN:0-596-00421-4 http://oreilly.com/catalog/relax