   Re: [xml-dev] UPA and schema handling

Henry S. Thompson wrote:
[snip]
>>    In our opinion the detection of a non-deterministic model
>>    as an error in a DTD or Schema would be wrong, and we will
>>    not implement this.
[snip]
> It is important to understand that this is a clear statement on the
> part of the manufacturer that they don't care about interop.  The
> REC is the only thing that stands as a stable point for achieving
> interop.

well, i'm no fan of the UPA rules in schema, but XMLSpy simply ignoring
UPA when *validating* schemas themselves isn't at all /helpful/,
specially given how many people rely upon it as  their primary schema
development tool. IMO XMLSpy should at least provide a 'UPA on/off'
switch and make it obvious when a schema breaks UPA.

Paul
--
http://blog.whatfettle.com