   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> Ok.  Any parties interested in posting their favorite five
> bad problems with XML in order here?  I wonder what the
> consensus is on the top two.

1) Default namespaces
2) DOM
3) No Clark notation in XPath (or XML) -see 1 for details.
4) Whitespace
5) DTDs

I have no doubt that default namespaces will in time be considered
the worst idea foisted on this community. It's where all that
cleverness someone else alluded to is.

Prediction: whatever replaces XML will look something like RNC or
YAML - it won't be binary.

cheers
Bill