   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

Alessandro Triglia wrote:

>When people complain about namespaces, do they mean that namespaces should
>not exist at all?  Do they think they are useless?  Or do they think they
>should be replaced by something else?  Or do they have in mind some simple
>changes to the syntax, such as using URI/localname pairs everywhere?

In my experience, complaints about namespaces boil down to an
observation the the Namespaces Rec elegantly solves a problem that's
practically non-existent in practice, and utterly fails to assist with
real-world integration challenges.

Look at any introductory text on namespaces, and the first section
explaining why they're needed will have an embarrassingly contrived
example. --Try it!

.micah

--
  Available for consulting. XForms, web forms, information overload.
  Micah Dubinko                           mailto:micah@dubinko.info