   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

Michael Champion wrote:

>  I'm five years older, possibly 5 years wiser, and definitely much
> less convinced that I know what's best for XML or its users than I was
> in 1999 :-) I don't have an agenda here, just a bunch of questions.  I
> honestly have no idea whether it's better to try to "fix" the things
> people are complaining about or just build better tools and document
> best practices to keep people from being snagged on them.

Better tools are the obvious solution. Has anyone else noticed that in
the top 5 lists almost no one is actually complaining about XML? There
are lots of complaints about DOM, so use XOM instead. There are
complaints about XSD, so use RELAX NG. Namespaces are indeed a royal
pain for tool vendors, but they don't cause nearly as much pain for tool
clients.