   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Better tools are the obvious solution. Has anyone else noticed that in
> the top 5 lists almost no one is actually complaining about XML? There
> are lots of complaints about DOM, so use XOM instead. There are
> complaints about XSD, so use RELAX NG. Namespaces are indeed a royal
> pain for tool vendors, but they don't cause nearly as much pain for tool
> clients.

I just googled looking for a comparison between XOM and dom4j (what i am
currently using) and only found your comparisoin to JDOM. Looking at the
XOM information at your site (http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/), it
looks like XOM and dom4j are similar. Is that the case?

I am using less memory after switching from JDOM to dom4j. Would there
be a similar benefit going from dom4j to XOM? Do you have any critiques
of dom4j in favor of XOM? (I am open to switching.)

best,
-Rob