   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Finally, most of the common APIs were designed before namespaces, which
> were later grafted onto them. Thanks to that, not only are namespaces
> painful to use with those but it's altogether too easy to mix
> namespace-aware and non-namespace-aware manipulations, resulting in
> scary results that are hard to predict for the users.

SAX1 was designed before namespaces, and the SAX community wisely
decided to throw most of those classes away and start over for the
namespace aware SAX2.

SAX2, JDOM, and XOM all get namespaces right. Off the top of my head,
DOM is the only API that really mucks up namespaces. But there are
alternatives.