   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:00:43 -0400, Elliotte Harold
<elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Michael Champion wrote:
>
> uch like YAML or RNC is likely to be the ordinary-mortal
> > readable/writable serialization.
>
> Maybe I'm weird, but I find RNG to be easier to read and follow than
> RNC. It's certainly easier to write.

You are certainly not an ordinary mortal when it comes to a comfort
level with the details of XML!

 If everybody bought your books and learned about the gritty details
of XMLspecs  and the logic (such as it is) behind them, many of the
end-user problems people mention here would go away.  Trouble is,
most things around us were designed by geniuses to be used by idiots;
 XML was designed by very smart people to be used by themselves.