   Re: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! Re: [xml-dev] R: [xml-d

Ronald Bourret scripsit:

> But here's another way to ask the question. Are there enough people for
> whom a non-XML syntax for XML Schemas would be useful that it's worth
> deriving such a thing? After all, the general feeling on this list the
> other day was that the shorthand form of Relax NG was easier and more
> widely used than the XML form.

Kilian Stillhard and Erik Wilde designed and implemented just such a
syntax early in 2003; see http://dret.net/projects/xscs/ .  I could
quibble with a few details, but if I needed to write an XML Schema
and couldn't use Trang for some reason, I'd surely use their syntax.

The conversion software is freely redistributable but not Open Source.
To get a taste, the Schema for Schemas is online at
http://dret.net/projects/xscs/XMLSchema.xsc .

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   cowan@ccil.org