   Re: [xml-dev] Canonicalizer that uses XML Schemas (rather than DTDs)?

> 1. Is there a canonicalizer which uses XML Schemas instead of DTDs?

Not that I am aware of-- but probably...

> 2. Can you think of other differences that would occur if XML Schemas
>    were used by a canonicalizer rather than DTDs?

Yes, there is a whole range of datatype canonicalizations that you need
to worry about as well. For example converting a time/date to UTC. This
was actually one of the most frequently rewritten sections in the
erratta for the 1.0 version. Probably more than restriction...

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter