Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: Mark Baker <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Web Services/SOA (was RE: [xml-dev] XML 2004 weblogitems?)
- From: Rich Salz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:43:33 -0500
- Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20041130054325.GK3016@markbaker.ca>
- References: <20041130025726.GJ3016@markbaker.ca> <Pine.LNX.4.44L0.email@example.com> <20041130054325.GK3016@markbaker.ca>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040421
> Many prominent folks have said that CORBA is SOA. For example;
Wow. I'm impressed and depressed. When you posted the set of links I
thought to myself "he must be reading it wrong." Nope.
I claim all those folks are confusing client-server with service-oriented.
> Practically all the Web services I've seen deployed on the Internet
> (via xmethods.net) is RPC too.
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology http://www.datapower.com
XS40 XML Security Gateway http://www.datapower.com/products/xs40.html
XML Security Overview http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html