   Programming language reincarnation : was : XML-aware programming languag

Pete,

Lisp was a very bizarre programming language..

I mention this in the past sense because it doesn't seem
to be used very much any more.

Perl on a bad hair day still looks better to me than
the best example of lisp one could ever find.

There are so many xml aware programming languages now
that it seems hard to find one that isn't.

Tcl, perl, vb, java, delphi, c++.... the only language
that I can think of that doesn't really do xml that
well is dbase although there are reincarnations that
are able, eg flagship.

In twenty years, we've tried almost every programming
language.... and I think.. we finally have some decent
ones...

my question is, how come we are using the same
communication techniques that amount to little more
than doing a kermit transfer under xenix (yuurk..)

ok.. sorry ftp... soap...

All I'm just saying is we seem to be going through
languages like they are a reincarnation hoping to
somehow reach a nirvana.....

how could we possibly want an 'xml programming language'
when ultimately xml is meant to be a small part of a
big world? and we have great programming languages that
do an excellent language in that big world?

Why shrink down to the (xml) message and try to look
out from it's perspective?

I don't know.. I'm just saying I don't want my programming
language reincarnated again... it's happy being a
beatle...