   Re: [xml-dev] performant templating language for XML

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 23:03, Nathan Young wrote:
> Initial tests seem to show that XSL is a no-go in the
> load environment   outlined above. Does anyone have
> production experience that would argue that XSL can be
> viable at these rates and that we should be looking
> harder for optimization strategies?

It's hard to be conclusive from the data you have given but
your input document size is small enough not to be of any
real concern. My experience with similar installations
would suggest that unless you are doing something very
complex this should be achievable in XSLT.

Perhaps you could post a sample here or to the XSLT list.
The main commercial XSLT vendors will also generally offer
to run a benchmark test for you which is a handy way to
gauge what is possible.

Kev.